Urban Light 4

Continuing with shots of the Urban Light sculpture at LACMA. (For the explanation, see this post.)


This shot I share because of the difficulty in taking it. Not that it required great physical exertion, or placing myself in danger. No, all I did was climb some stairs.

Next to this exhibit is the multiple-story Broad Contemporary Art Museum building. On the side facing the exhibit are stairs running along the side. So to get a higher angle on the lamps I strolled over to their base, noticed no sign nor chain nor barricade, and then climbed to the first landing. I made no effort to be surreptitious in my approach to nor in my ascension of the stairs, but only after I was already up there did some men in sport coats from by the building on the opposite side of the exhibit come running and telling me I had to come down.

However, before they got close and I had to comply, I snapped off this one. Had to get something for my trouble. (Apologies for the settings--no time to make adjustments.)

No comments:

Post a Comment